How to get the most out of your festival experience
You’re interested in attending the Lone Star Film Festival, well you’ve come to the right place. Here are some steps to help you navigate your festival experience in Fort Worth’s very own Sundance Square.
Check out the film line-up and schedule
With so many events and films screening taking place over this action packed weekend, you’ll want to take some time to identify what interests you and what type of ticket or badge you may need to join the fun.
Understand the difference in ticket and badge options
Some of our tickets are specific to a single event, while our All-Access Badge offers multiple event access. Here are some of the main differences:
Lone Star Film Festival Ball – this is our signature fundraising dinner and award presentation. It requires a special purchase of a “table for ten” or a “single seat” ticket and must be purchased in advance. The event takes place at the Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel on opening night between 6:00pm – 945pm. Upon the completion of the LSFF Ball, attendees have free access to the LSFF Ball – AFTER PARTY (see below).
Lone Star Film Festival Ball AFTER PARTY – Might not want to spend the entire night at our gala but still want to get in on the fun? This single ticket ($50) allows you to join the LSFF Ball attendees for the AFTER PARTY experience, which includes open bar, live music and dancing. Spots are limited so register online ASAP. There are no walk-up tickets available for this event.
Film screenings, panel discussions and parties – You love movies, plan to see a few and look forward to sitting in on some incredible industry panel discussions. The All-Access Badge is the thing for you. Considered by many as the ultimate way to experience LSFF, the badges give you access to some of the best parties, filmmakers lounge (presented by the Fort Worth Film Commission), panels and screenings at the fest. All-Access Badges are available for purchase for $200. You won’t find another major festival in Texas with a price lower than this.
Individual film screenings at the festival – You have identified one or two screenings that you really want to see, make your way to the assigned screening venue and queue up. This walk-up process for an individual ticket is $10 per screening and can be paid with cash or credit card*.
*credit cards do require an additional processing fee
Special film screenings or parties during the festival – There may be a specialized event that requires purchasing a single ticket online for either a party or a screening. An event like this is sponsored outside of the Lone Star Film Festival with one of our partners and will be noted in the party or film description.
Where to buy all-access badges or tickets
All-Access Badges can be purchased online or in person at the Welcome / All-Access Badge Pick-up Desk (see location below).
Individual screening tickets can only be purchased in person, at-the-door of the venue where your screening is taking place. Queue up and purchase a single ticket from one of our friendly LSFF volunteers.
Coming to the Lone Star Film Festival in Sundance Square?
Sundance Square is easily accessible from major interstates surrounding downtown Fort Worth. Street Parking is available and there are multiple parking garages and parking lots in Sundance Square and surrounding areas*.
* Sundance Square is considered one of the safest downtown districts in the United States
Making it a weekend getaway?
Look no further to the Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel, which is the official hotel of the Lone Star Film Festival.
With a special LSFF room block with rates starting at $189, you will love the easy access to the LSFF Ball, LSFF Ball AFTER-PARTY, Filmmakers Lounge and walkable access to all of our screening venues and parties.
This room block is available only until October 16th, so book your reservation online now*.
*Book two consecutive night during LSFF under our room block and we’ll throw in (2) All-Access Badges – now that’s a deal!
Welcome Desk / All-Access Badge Pick-up
If you have placed an order to reserve an All-Access Badge, proceed to the Welcome Desk in the lobby of the Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel.
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 – open 10am to 7pm
Thursday, November 10, 2016 – open 10am to 7pm
Friday, November 11, 2016 – open 10am to 7pm
Saturday, November 12, 2016 – open 10am to 7pm
Sunday, November 13, 2016 open 10am – 12noon
Looking to purchase a single screening ticket? Bypass the Welcome Desk
Only interested in purchasing an individual ticket to a single screen? There is no need to come by the Welcome Desk – proceed directly to your screening venue. One of our volunteer ticket managers will help you get checked into a movie*.
*Please remember that All-Access Badge holder have first access into each auditorium. Individual ticket holders will only be let into an auditorium after All-Access Badge holders find a seat.
Welcome Desk / All-Access Badge Pick-up location
Find our desk in the Lobby – Worthington Renaissance Hotel 200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Check out some LSFF merchandise while there.
Ticket & All-Access Badge prices at LSFF
Individual tickets: $10
All-Access Badge: $200
LSFF Ball – AFTER PARTY: $50
LSFF Ball: Single seat $600 to Full Table $10,000
Filmmakers arriving into Fort Worth for the Lone Star Film Festival should stop at the Welcome Desk / All-Access Badge Pickup as soon as you arrive. Each film screening in the festival will receive (2) All-Access Badges. See address/location above.
Panelist & guest speaker check-in
For guest speakers and panelists, please check-in at the Welcome Desk / All-Access Badge Pickup as soon as you arrive. You will be directed to your speaking venue. See address/location above.
Welcome Desk / All-Access Badge Pickup
Lobby – Worthington Renaissance Hotel 200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
AMC Palace 9 Theater
AMC Palace 9 220 E 3rd St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
AMC Palace 9 – Theater 1 220 E 3rd St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
AMC Palace 9 – Theater 2 220 E 3rd St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
AMC Palace 9 – Theater 4 220 E 3rd St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Four Day Weekend Theater
Four Day Weekend 312 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Lone Star Film Festival Ball
Grand Ball Room – Worthington Renaissance Hotel 200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Lone Star Film Festival Ball AFTER PARTY –
Grand Ball Room – Worthington Renaissance Hotel 200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Filmmakers Lounge presented by the Fort Worth Film Commission
Filmmakers Lounge 200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Panel Discussion, Film Award & Cocktail Reception
Sundance Square Pavilion 420 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- All-Access Badge holders are not guaranteed a seat. Some of our venues are small and admission is on a first-come-first-serve basis. All-Access Badges are allowed first into an auditorium followed by individual ticket holders. If an All-Access Badge holder arrives after the All-Access Badge holders have been seated, this badge holder will be asked to queue up with the individual ticket holders.
- Saving space in line or seats in auditoriums is not permitted. In an attempt to turn around a theater between screenings, we request that everyone present, please take a seat in order to prevent delaying our schedule.
- No outside food or beverages permitted in auditoriums. Food and drinks purchased at the venues are allowed in the auditoriums.
- No recording or photography is permitted during the screening. We do allow moviegoers to snap photos and record video during post-screening Q&A’s only.
- Please be considerate of others. Turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices during the film presentation. Talking or texting during the film presentation is not permitted.
- Help us build a better film festival by filling out (only once during the festival) an audience survey. For films that are being scored for the audience award, please make sure to rate the film that you just watched. The Audience Award winner will be announced Saturday night (Novmeber 12) and will rescreen at a time to be determined on Sunday, November 13th.
- Between screenings, we ask that all audience members leave the auditorium so our staff can reset and test for the next film block.
- Because many filmmakers are in attendance, we ask that you remain for a filmmaker’s post-screening Q&A. You might learn something extraordinary about the filmmaking process.